October 19, 2009

The "R" Finally Came!

So three months later and Charlie's room is finally complete!  His furniture came when he was 4 weeks old then it took me another 6 weeks to decide if I wanted white (to match the molding in the room) or cherry wood (to match his furniture) C-H-A-R-L-I-E letters on the wall... I am the queen of being indecisive.  Then when I finally decided on white (which I'm still second-guessing by the way), they were out of R's.  Fast forward 2 weeks and now the room is complete!  The space is really small but we were able to cram in everything that he needed.  The theme was supposed to be transportation (boats, airplanes, cars, etc.) but I couldn't resist the cute elephant lamp (James says elephants are are mode of transportation some places too) and James insisted on the basketball posters.  The room is nice and light and Charlie has enjoyed countless hours eating in his glider while I check out the action on the front street.  Thanks to Grandpa Grover for figuring out how to best hang things in plaster walls... too bad we wasn't around for all the other things we've had difficulty hanging other places in the house.







2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! It inspires me to do SOMETHING for poor Gavin beyond the bedding you gave me. Without that, he would have nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete