March 8, 2012

Purim Princess

Today, Charlie's preschool celebrated Purim with a dress-up party.  The kids could wear any costume but are encouraged to dress like a character from the Purim story.  Rather than asking him what he wanted to be (because I knew he would say a princess), I decided he could be a king.  Charlie and I made a great crown with stickers, crayons, glitter, jewels, etc. and James even got it laminated at school.  He also had a little robe and medallion to wear.

The day of the party Charlie was excited to wear his crown but wasn't really feeling the robe.  Upon getting to his class and seeing his other classmates he was very, very sad that they all got to dress like princesses.  The genuine sadness on his face was something I had never seen before and it totally broke my heart :(

Luckily though... his teacher saw it too and immediately pulled out his favorite blue dress and he got to wear it all day with his king crown on his head.  I have to admit he makes a pretty princess :)

Future blackmail material

On our way to school

The night before at dinner with the crown half made

After school (we didn't take the dress home)

No comments:

Post a Comment