We had a nice little first Father's Day on Sunday! It was still blazing hot here so we went back to the pool early in the day then headed to a Flying Squirrels game in the late afternoon. They are the new minor league baseball team here in Richmond playing at the old Braves stadium. Luckily our seats were in the shade and so even though it was hot, it was bearable. I was mistaken about what their team color was so totally didn't dress Charlie appropriately for the game but "lucky" for us they sold plenty of merchandise at the stadium so we picked up hats for the guys. Charlie was really great in our seats... he loves looking around so he enjoyed checking everything out and entertaining the people around us with his coy little glances and smiles (he is such a flirt!). Afterwards, we had a nice little dinner at a kabob place that James has wanted to go and I've been resisting for a year now. I'm happy to say I was totally wrong and it is our new favorite quicky restaurant. It had lots of healthy and tasty options and was very kid-friendly too! Finally we opened some gifts at the house and told Dad how much we loved him :) Charlie and I are truly lucky to have him as our daddy/husband!
Heading to the pool. Apparently I bought the girls swimming diapers because they are pink and came with free pink sunglasses. Charlie doesn't seem to mind :)
Checking out the sites at the baseball game
Charlie's too busy concentrating on the game to smile
We took a break to buy some matching hats. Charlie seems to like James' hat.
Boys in hats... go Flying Squirrels!
Lucky Dad... Charlie bought him some books for Father's Day
At least one was about the Red Sox :)
No comments:
Post a Comment